The Senior Executive Programme in Global Health Innovation Management (SEP GHIM) provides a unique opportunity for the Global Health Innovator to gain in knowledge, insights and skills to make a real difference in Global Health. Through an innovative experiential learning model, participants will experience hands-on innovation in three different global settings while interacting with peers and working on their personal executive challenge.
The learning journey will lead to personal and professional growth and a heightened ability to innovate in a complex and fast-changing environment for better health outcomes in an equitable and sustainable way. Indeed, we need to respond to the increasing Global Health needs, while realising the potential of the opportunities given by digital, precision health and big data, providing solutions to more connected and better-informed users.
This programme aims to enhance participants’ personal and professional growth and a heightened ability to innovate in a complex and fast-changing environment for better health outcomes in an equitable and sustainable way.
This programme targets the senior Global Health Innovator in public and private settings, such as policymakers, senior executives in international and corporate organisations of Global Health.
While driven by an eagerness to innovate and change for impact, they will have at least 10 years of experience in their field, and highly value the educational and networking experience that will foster their professional growth.
Global Health Innovation Management: Getting Ready for What Lies Ahead
INCAE Business School, Alajuela (Costa Rica)
- Explore how an entrepreneurial mindset can drive Global Health Innovation
- Acquire management tools and skills to integrate stakeholders’ needs and resources to support the success of their projects
- Analyse innovative Business Models to serve the base of the pyramid
New Solutions for Transforming Global Health Systems
Strathmore University Business School, Nairobi (Kenya)
- Develop effective strategies to fully leverage the digital transformation in Global Health
- Expand your understanding of the operational challenges facing Global Health organisations to achieve breakthrough service
- Leverage opportunities in Innovative Financing Mechanisms
Getting Things Done: The Art of Implementation
IESE Business School/ ISGlobal, Barcelona (Spain)
- Reflect on your leadership style and acquire tools to enhance communication with your management team
- Develop new negotiation skills and deploy them in collaborative and competitive situations
- Strengthen your Project Management skills for Strategic Implementation
A Programme with a Truly Global Scope
The modular programme delivered on three different continents Alajuela (Costa Rica), Nairobi (Kenya) and Barcelona (Spain) is a learning journey starting with the broader Global Health context, its challenges and opportunities, innovation potential to improve health care performance, ideas on transformation and development of new services, and implementation and leading change.
The interactive learning model will include visits to local innovation clusters, an individual innovation project, and coaching and mentoring.
A Transformational Learning Experience
Innovative learning methodologies and a hands-on approach will help you to gain new knowledge and perspectives to become a real game-changer in Global Health.
- International Peer Network:
Interaction and exchange with other leaders. Different backgrounds. New perspectives
- Reflect on your Leadership:
Think outside your comfort zone. Coaching sessions
- New Frameworks for Innovation:
Entrepreneurial thinking. Global health delivery. A Culture of innovation
- Authentic Contexts for Discussion:
Different learning methodologies. Broaden perspectives
- Global Health Innovation Challenge:
Project-based activity. Individual feedback
The extra activities are organized before, in between and after the modules and include social and networking events aimed at fostering exchanges among participants, inspirational talks and on-site visits with the local ecosystem in Latin America, Africa and Europe.
- Getting started: Preparatory Readings. Questionnaires. Conference Calls in preparation for the Global Health Challenges.
- Online Engagement: Case studies. Conference Calls for Executive Challenges. Follow up with Faculty.
- Networking: Visit local innovative ecosystems. Inspirational speakers.
- Individual Project: Develop your own innovative project with individualized mentoring from the SEP GHIM faculty.
- Dive into the Local Innovation Potential: Visits and networking with actors of the local innovative ecosystems will be organized in each module.
The faculty members hold PhDs from leading universities and reflect different nationalities, giving them a unique perspective on today’s complex business landscape.
Through the integrated expertise, participants gain a comprehensive view of business, with the distinct needs of healthcare business leaders in Africa the globe kept sharply in focus.
You will meet recognized thought leaders, skilled educators, groundbreaking researchers, among others. They will empower you to become the visionary leader in your career, your organization, and the global economy demand.
Classroom discussions provide conceptual frameworks for effective decision making, along with practical tools for real-life.
View the team.
- Selected participants need to cover their own travel and accommodation expenses.
- Selected participants are expected to complete the three modules of the SEP GHIM Programme.
- The programme fee includes tuition, reading materials and most lunches.
- The full tuition payment is due 45 days prior to the start of the programme.
- Cancellations received before the programme’s start are subject to a cancellation fee
|Alumni from one of the 5 institutions
|National from low-middle income country (World Bank definition)
About the Institute of Healthcare Management
The face of healthcare is dynamic and more complex than ever, with technological innovations, new treatments, new laws & regulations, and new types of healthcare service delivery models.
In addition to negotiating the day-to-day demands of a busy and complex organisation, healthcare delivery leaders need to evaluate and understand the impact of different healthcare delivery models and major service delivery programmes in specific disease areas.
We have developed over time programmes to help healthcare leaders and managers cope with this ever-changing landscape.
Institute of Healthcare Management
Executive Healthcare Programmes Brochure Request Form
Senior Executive Programme in Global Health Innovation Management - Registration of Interest Form