Because of the multiple roles that women play in society and especially in the workplace, the ability to perform effectively and efficiently seems a challenge to many. There are features within you that need to be harnessed and when well-managed will cause a ripple of intrinsic transformation to achieve excellence in all spheres of your life.
This programme is geared towards helping you achieve effectiveness – getting meaningful things done and efficiently doing things right. We will sharpen the skills needed to develop relationships critical to success and advancement in your profession.
In this highly interactive and experiential programme, you will gain a deep understanding of your leadership approach, negotiating style, beliefs and assumptions about power, and your network structure. We will build on your increased self-awareness to assist you in becoming a more effective and balanced leader.
This programme will equip you with new ideas, re-energize your vision and provide you with a network of new contacts from a multitude of organizations in the region.
The Women in Leadership Programme is designed to address the needs of women in leadership to enable them to succeed as individuals, team leaders, and organizational visionaries.
This programme is ideal for mid-level and senior women managers in the corporate, public sector, non-profit and entrepreneurial ventures. It is also for the high potential high-performance women from focused organizations with a gender agenda and talent strategy.
A diverse mix of participants will be selected based on professional achievements and organisational responsibilities.
- An ‘action’ project seamlessly through the series
- Renowned industry experts
- The opportunity to network
- A chance to identify a Coach or a Mentor
- Expanding your career opportunities
Key Focus Areas
- Demystifying the barriers to effective leadership
- Identify your leadership style and gain increased awareness of your leadership approach through leadership style assessments
- Learn a practical framework for identifying critical goals and activities to sharpen your execution
- Get practical tips and strategies on work-life integration that can be applied to your personal and professional arena
- Learn how to transform the organisation through Enhanced Employee Engagement
- Discover your brand and create your development plan
- Gain skills on negotiations and knowledge of the dynamics involved in closing a successful negotiation
The Women in Leadership Programme will run for 4 days with the following sessions:
- Leadership self-awareness: using leadership style assessment
- Creating your life’s strategy
- Communicating with clarity
- Living femininely
- Habits of excellence
- Leadership passages
- Getting things done
- Managing your career & upwards
- Work-life integration strategies
- Transforming your organisations through Enhanced Employee Engagement
Through relevant case studies, interactive classroom exercises, small group discussions, video clips and research, participants will acquire skills that can immediately be applied to enhance individual and business performance.
Each day of the programme will end in a reflective session where participants can exchange thoughts and ideas.
The programme will be delivered for 4 days on campus.
The mode of delivery is in-person.
The programme will be taught by a pool of faculty uniquely suited to address contemporary issues in leadership.
They have vast experience in solving the leadership dilemma, growing the talent gene, and providing real competitive advantage through people.
Why Strathmore University Business School
- Participant-centred learning
- Flexible learning experience
- Build successful networks
- Expert faculty with sector experience
- World-class facilities
Thematic Leadership Programmes Brochure Request Form
Application Form Executive Education