Registration of Interest
Kindly fill in the registration form below to declare your interest and our programme manager will get back to you on your application process.
MBA Healthcare Management - Registration of Interest
The healthcare industry is one of the most diverse and dynamic industries in the world. Access to healthcare on the other hand is a right under many constitutions around the world, Kenya and East Africa included, and indeed its effective provision is dependent on the existence of proactive policy and legislative framework, infrastructure, demographics, epidemiological factors among others. Its efficient provision is however more dependent on the size and quality of its healthcare workforce. Whereas there is a lack of frontline and specialist medical personnel, there is an attendant lack of a professional class of healthcare managers.
Indeed many National Health Sector Strategic Plans recognize weak management systems as one of the factors contributing to the decline of the health status of their populations.
The programme aims to equip managers with relevant skills for leading and managing the various facets and challenges that confront professional hospital and clinic managers, managers of NGO and faith-based health providers, and professionals in the emerging insurance, pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries.
Students who graduate with an MBA in Healthcare Management will have the academic grounding needed to move throughout health-related industries at different junctures of their career, and more importantly, will have life-long skills to respond to the fundamental changes that characterize African health care.
By the end of the course, the students will have gained a firm understanding of current management concepts and be able to:
- Critically assess health systems and health care structures in terms of their processes, functionalities, etc
- Apply core principles of management in the healthcare setting
- Derive an ethics framework or critically assess the ethical situation inherent in any set of circumstances in healthcare management;
- Operate within prevailing legal frameworks in healthcare and critically assess existing policy and potential new policy;
- Conceive and design research protocols and other studies that will provide insight into best practices and the measurement of outcomes of managerial strategies
- Build a personal and professional network with like-minded professionals
The programme will run for 6 semesters over a 30 month period. The total course loading will be eighteen (18) course units plus a Dissertation.
Mode of Study
Modular (2 weeks, quarterly in a year)
1. Application requirements
- Completed Application Form –Either Online or Hardcopy
- Academic Credentials – Certified Copy of Undergraduate degree and transcripts
- Two Reference Letters (one professional and one academic/personal)
- Two Passport photos
- Copy of National Identification Card/Passport
- Detailed CV
- Application fee (Kshs 5000).
2. Application Process
Upon receipt and review, a graduate entrance exam (GEE) and oral interview will be scheduled at a mutually convenient time. Successful completion of these will result in an offer letter being issued to you.
An applicant who for any reason is unable to take up the offer of admission will be required to inform the Program Manager, MBA in Healthcare Management in writing to email@example.com This information should reach the Manager at least one week prior to the date of commencing classes.
The university does not operate student hostels but will assist you in getting an affordable accommodation at your cost.
Travelling and Directions
The university will give you directions on how to locate us. For more information contact us via email at mbahcmmarketing@strathmore.
Language of Instruction
Strathmore Business School uses English as the language of instruction and Examination. You are required to be conversant with English.
Masters Programmes Brochure Request Form
Developing Great African Leaders
Ongoing: March 2023 intake
For more information contact us via email at: mbahcmmarketing@strathmore.