The Master of Commerce (MCOM) is a programme designed for those who wish to advance academically and professionally in business science, with specializations in Strategic Management Accounting, Sustainability Accounting, Finance, Marketing, International Business Management, Management Science and Strategic Management.
The MCOM programme seeks to prepare students, not only in the academic field but also prepares graduates to manage organisations in diverse operations. The programme equips candidates with critical skills which are required in the workplace.
The overall aim of the programme is to produce business scientists who are capable of handling the dynamic business environment and transform their organisations. It also prepares graduates to pursue advanced research without having to undergo preparatory classes.
The MCOM programme is structured into a total of 21 units comprising:
- 8 common units
- 5 specialisation units
- 2 elective units
- 6 research equivalent units.
Areas of Specialization
- Sustainability Accounting
- Forensic Accounting
- Strategic Management Accounting
- International Business Management
- Management Science
- Strategic Management
Mode of Delivery
Evening: Classes run for 3 days in a week from 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm and occasional Saturday mornings (8:30 am – 1:00 pm).
The following are eligible for admission into the Master of Commerce (MCOM) programme:
- Holders of First Class (or GPA of 3.45 – 4) or Upper Second Class (or GPA of 2.85 – 3.44) degrees in Commerce or Business Studies from recognised universities; or
- Holders of Lower Second Class degrees in Commerce or Business Studies or at least 2.5 GPA plus Postgraduate Diplomas or Certificates in relevant fields of study; or with at least two years working experience in a business or research environment.
- You must have had at least a C+ mean grade at KCSE or;
- C plain plus a diploma (diplomas take at least 2 years)
Fees and Funding
The programme fee is Kshs 636,720
Application Fee: Kshs. 5,000
*Please note that SBS reserves the rights to amend the fee periodically.
If you meet the above requirements, please send the following documentation
to: firstname.lastname@example.org: –
- A completed the Graduate Studies application form
- Certified copy of the undergraduate certificate
- Certified copy of the undergraduate transcript of records (TOR) in English giving full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained
- Certified copy of KCSE certificate
- English language proficiency results where required
- Two (2) completed Reference Forms from former undergraduate/graduate professors and/or employer particularly qualified to attest to the applicant’s qualification for graduate study
- An updated Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- 2 passport size photos
- A copy of National Identity Card (ID) or copy of Passport (bio-data page)
- Kshs. 5,000/- application fee.
Graduate Entrance Exam
You will be required to sit and pass the Graduate Entrance Exam (G.E.E) administered at the Business School every Wednesday and Friday at 2 pm.
Note: The GEE is a written exam. An Oral Interview will be carried out after the written exam.
Kindly fill in the form below and we shall send the brochure to you
Masters Programmes Brochure Request Form
Masters Programmes Application Form