In today’s dynamic business environment, executives require a practical, working knowledge of accounting, auditing, tax and corporate finance to make informed business decisions. This comprehensive three-day programme is hands-on, transformative and business-oriented.
It provides a solid appreciation of best-practice corporate financial management and demystifies the language of business – accounting and finance.
The Finance for Non-Finance Executives is specifically designed for experienced executives from non-financial backgrounds who need to understand, evaluate and deliver results while utilizing financial information to inform their decisions.
By the end of the programme, participants should be able to:
- Explain finance jargon and concepts of accounting information
- Make financial decisions
- Effectively manage projects
- To undertake financial planning and reporting, including budgets and forecasts.
Participants in this programme will be able to interpret and analyze financial information appropriately and utilize the analysis to deliver increased organizational value. More specifically, the programme will enable executives to:
- Make better operational decisions, supported with a clear understanding of their implications for organizational performance and value
- Measure human capital, product and customer value productivity and profitability in a meaningful way and use activity-based analysis to manage organizational costs
- Apply the concept of risk and return and the role of the required rate of return in performance measurement
- Link financial information with overall organizational performance through the Balanced Score Card
The course is geared towards non-finance executives, managers who have practical corporate experience in areas that are not related to finance and are seeking to understand, evaluate and deliver results while utilizing financial data to inform their decisions.
Key Focus Areas
- The accounting framework and preparation of financial statements
- Understanding financial accounts, language and structure (aligned to the relevant standards and regulations)
- The audit process – how it is conducted and its role
- Analysing financial performance: growth, profitability, liquidity, debt and financial strength, including benchmarking
- Budgeting and financial analysis for short term decisions cost accounting and management
- Cash flow analysis and interpreting cash-flow patterns
- Accounting for corporate acquisitions
- Project appraisal and valuation – risk and sensitivity analysis
- Financial risk management – key business risks and assessment of business risks
- Performance measurement – value-based management, Balanced Score Card and economic profit
- Taxation in business and tax management
Extensive use of Case Studies and discussion-based learning.
The mode of delivery is hybrid with both in-person at the SBS Campus in Madaraka, Nairobi, Kenya or online sessions.
Finance Programmes Brochure Request Form
Application Form - Executive Education
Developing Great African Leaders
Date: 19 – 23 June 2023
Cost: Kshs. 95,000
Mode of Delivery: In-Person
For more information, write to Robert on
- Tel: +254 (0) 703 034 531
- Cell: +254 (0) 721 327 377