This programme integrates key management concepts and best practices to develop strategic thinking and leadership skills as well as an integrated view of the business landscape in relations to the market dynamics.
It offers a transformational learning experience that prepares the senior executive to assume responsibilities at the highest level as they lead their companies and institutions to achieve sustainable competitive edge.
The SMLP benefits not only the company, but the individual. SBS programs do not exclude the focus on the person, through various personal learning aspects.
The Impact: to the Company
- Implement effective strategies to increase profitability and long-term value
- Increase retention of hard-to-fill senior positions, both functional and cross-functional, by preparing participants to take on new responsibilities
- Reduce cost of organisational transitions and turnover to allow for a more vigorous success-planning process
The Impact: to you
- Improve your ability to provide informed insights and more effective analysis of key business issues
- Enhance your capacity to generate strategic alternatives and implement change
- Gain an action-oriented focus on leading people and creating value
- Acquire a transformed perspective that improves judgment and results in better decision making
Key Focus Areas
- Examining critical areas of evaluation and decision making
- Positioning the business for growth and profitability
- Acquiring support for business-building resources
- Forging effective cross-functional teams
- Leading through periods of growth and turbulence
- Implementing value-creating strategies that deliver results
- Leading self- from current role to next role and across all facets of life
- Leading others- identifying talent, appreciating how labour laws and other laws affect leadership in a in country, regional ( even county) scope
- Leading upwards- managing communication ( presentations) and impact to the board, how to ensure one’s presentations to the Board are effective and how to manage any conflict at that level
- Corporate governance- preparing to be on a board
SMLP is structured in a modular format divided into 4 separate modules that are spread out over a period of 8 months.
Each module consists of 5 intensive days.
Participants get a chance to prepare ahead of each module from an individual and syndicate group level ahead of facilitation by top rated program faculty.
The programme heavily employs the case methodology as one of the learning techniques; this gives participants a chance to analyze real business scenarios as they immerse themselves in the various contemporary business challenges.
This will be in addition to various class simulations, videos, thought-provoking lectures by our key faculty and enlightening syndicate and class discussions by fellow participants.
Senior executives and team members with significant management responsibilities are ideal for this programme. Participants are carefully selected to enhance a great mix of senior executives from various industries and regions with relevant knowledge and experience to boost the quality of the discussions and group work.
Typical participants are:
- Head of Finance
- Regional Managers
- Head of Human Resources
- Head of Customer Relations
- Head of Corporate Communications
- Senior Manager
- – Organizational Learning & Talent Development et al
Meet the Faculty
Strathmore Business School and Asia Institute of Management faculty members join forces to offer the SMLP programme.
The faculty consists of professors and industry experts with both local and international repute.
The faculty have been carefully selected to meet the specific demands and subject areas of the programme while bringing in their rich experiences in these areas.
- Dr. Angela Ndunge – Academic Director
- Dr. Fredrick Ogola
- Prof. Hazel Gachunga
- Dr. John Olukuru
- Caroline Musyoka
- Carl Wagner
- Crispin Bokea
- Prof. David Wangombe
- Irene Kinuthia
- Dr. Freddie Acosta
- Susan Wamae
- Dr. Majid Twahir
- Gladys Ogallo
Kindly fill in the form below and we shall send the brochure to you
Executive Comprehensive Leadership Programmes Brochure Request Form
Senior Management Leadership Programme - Application Form