The health industry is one of the fastest-growing and constantly evolving industries in the world. In Africa, the industry is rapidly changing and also faces many challenges across all the pillars of the health system.
Healthcare providers must, therefore, be able to understand and respond to new dynamics such as how health organizations are managed, advances in medical and information technology, health policy formulation and implementation, increased competition and growing demands for patient-centred care provision.
The Hospital Management Programme at The Institute of Healthcare Management – Strathmore Business School provides a unique opportunity for healthcare professionals to develop and enhance a set of skills to respond to these emerging dynamics in healthcare delivery.
Doctors, Pharmacists, Nurses, Clinical Officers, Hospital Administrators (Finance Managers, Human Resource Managers, Planning Managers, Departmental Heads and other administrators)
The programme seeks to provide participants with solid, theoretical and practical knowledge in Hospital Management which will in turn help in transferring knowledge from research to policy and community interventions.
- To enhance your qualifications as a specialist or executive staff member
- To take on leadership in healthcare-related fields once you have completed the course
- To take an active role in a change process
- To be taught by international lecturers with a lot of practical experiences
- To get the opportunity to establish relations with players in the field of healthcare
- To join an international alumni expert program for health professionals
The training is online, broken down into:
- 90% 0nline learning
- 10% face to face learning ( 2 days at the beginning of the course –November 1st and 2nd, 2017- for the introduction to the course environment and two days – May 30th and 31st, 2018 after the course for review and soft skill training)
- Quality Management
- Health Economics and Commodity Management
- Human resource for Health Management
- Financial accounting and controlling
- Health Information Management
- Leadership, Management and Governance of Hospitals
Each Module has 12 lessons requiring a total of 20 hours.
The workload consists of:
- Self Study
- Assignments discussion forum (chat)
- Reading assignments
A seventh module (soft skills) is delivered face-to-face over 2 days.
About the Institute of Healthcare Management – Strathmore University Business School
The face of healthcare is dynamic and more complex than ever, with technological innovations, new treatments, new laws & regulations, and new types of healthcare service delivery models.
In addition to negotiating the day-to-day demands of a busy and complex organisation, healthcare delivery leaders must also be able to evaluate and understand the impact of different healthcare delivery models and major service delivery programs in specific disease areas.
We have developed over time of programmes to help healthcare leaders and managers cope with this ever-changing landscape.
These are and not limited to:
- MBA Healthcare Management-Anyone who wants to pursue healthcare management
- Leading High Performing Healthcare Organisations (LeHHO)-For senior health executives and leaders in the health sector.
- Managing Healthcare Business Program (MHB)- For Entrepreneurs in the Healthcare
- Pharmaceutical Commodity Supply Chain Management Program (PharmCom)- Anyone involved in Pharmaceutical supply chain
- We also offer customized programs to fit a particular organization or individual need.
About Honschule Neu-Ulm (HNU) University
The Neu-Ulm University of Applied Sciences (HNU) is an international business school located in an innovative economic region of southern Germany.
It offers degree programmes that focus on specific areas of industry, both profit and not-for-profit, with the overall objective of combining the theory and practice of business.
The HNU’s close relationships with business organizations and the lecturers’ expertise are the basis of thorough practical relevance in both applied research and practice-oriented teaching.
Executive Healthcare Programmes Brochure Request Form
Executive Healthcare Management Programmes - Application Form