The health industry is one of the fastest-growing and constantly evolving industries in the world. In Africa, the industry is rapidly changing and also faces many challenges across all the pillars of the health system.
Healthcare providers must, therefore, be able to understand and respond to new dynamics such as how health organizations are managed, advances in medical and information technology, health policy formulation and implementation, increased competition and growing demands for patient-centred care provision.
The Hospital Management Programme at The Institute of Healthcare Management – Strathmore Business School provides a unique opportunity for healthcare professionals to develop and enhance a set of skills to respond to these emerging dynamics in healthcare delivery.
Doctors, Pharmacists, Nurses, Clinical Officers, Hospital Administrators (Finance Managers, Human Resource Managers, Planning Managers, Departmental Heads and other administrators)
The programme seeks to provide participants with solid, theoretical and practical knowledge in Hospital Management which will in turn help in transferring knowledge from research to policy and community interventions.
- To enhance your qualifications as a specialist or executive staff member
- To take on leadership in healthcare-related fields once you have completed the course
- To take an active role in a change process
- To be taught by international lecturers with a lot of practical experiences
- To get the opportunity to establish relations with players in the field of healthcare
- To join an international alumni expert program for health professionals
Virtual, self-paced learning with weekly moderated chats:
- 90% 0nline learning
- 10% face to face learning (2 days at the beginning of the course –February 14th-15th, 2022- for the orientation and virtual pre-module work and 2 days in the last module)
Executive Coaching is available for participants during the course duration.
Module 1 (4 weeks-virtual):
- Strategic Planning for Hospital Settings
- Strategy Execution
Module 2 (4 weeks-virtual):
- Accounting, Control and Capital Budgeting
Module 3 (4 weeks-virtual):
- HR and Talent Management in Hospital Settings
- Conflict resolution, Negotiation & Collective Bargaining
Module 4 (4 weeks-virtual):
- Quality management, Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Client Services & Marketing
- Simulating and Managing Innovation
Module 5 (4 weeks-virtual):
- Health Information Management
- Crisis Communications
- Leadership and Good Governance
Module 6 (2 days-face to face/in-person):
- Leading and Managing Change
- Effective Decision Making
- Project Showcase & Experience Sharing
- There is a 1 week break between each module
- The workload consists of case discussions, guest lectures and zoom-live summary of the modules
Progress reports are due at the end of each module
About the Institute of Healthcare Management – Strathmore University Business School
The face of healthcare is dynamic and more complex than ever, with technological innovations, new treatments, new laws æ regulations, and new types of healthcare service delivery models.
In addition to negotiating the day-to-day demands of a busy and complex organization, healthcare delivery leaders and professionals need to evaluate and understand the impact of different healthcare delivery models and major service delivery programmes in specific disease areas.
We have developed over time programmes to help healthcare leaders and managers cope with this ever-changing landscape.
About Honschule Neu-Ulm (HNU) University
The Neu-Ulm University of Applied Sciences (HNU) is an international business school located in an innovative economic region of southern Germany.
It offers degree programmes that focus on specific areas of industry, both profit and not-for-profit, with the overall objective of combining the theory and practice of business.
The HNU’s close relationships with business organizations and the lecturers’ expertise are the basis of thorough practical relevance in both applied research and practice-oriented teaching.
Executive Healthcare Programmes Brochure Request Form