As an industry leader, you map out your company’s course, chart its strategy and foster a culture guided by clear objectives and a shared mission. Today the global, interconnected world calls for executive leaders who are uniquely attuned to the economic currents and market shifts that could advance or undermine their firm’s long-term sustainability.
The Global CEO – Africa Programme has been designed and developed to enhance your strategic vision and equip you with new tools to better navigate disruptive trends that could impact your business.
Bringing together business leaders to co-create the African leadership solution as they individually transform their organisations.
The programme is delivered by Strathmore University Business School together with Yale School of Management and Lagos Business School.
The programme is designed for top-tier business leaders including board members, C-Suite executives, presidents, and chief decision-makers of companies with interests or a presence in the African continent.
Participants have an average of 20 years experience in senior management roles and reflect a diversity of the sector, profiles and cultural backgrounds.
Value Proposition: Why Global CEO – Africa Programme?
Expand your Global Vision & Reach
This programme includes 3 residential modules in Nigeria, Kenya and the USA.
Co-creating the African Leadership Solution
The African continent is recognised as having immense potential, but the realisation of this potential requires collaborative leadership. Through the programme, we emphasize the roles, skills and competencies required for effective leadership for African organisations
Exclusively Designed for Executive Leaders
Expand your network and learn from top-level peers in an invigorating multi-cultural forum
Practical, Current and Relevant Knowledge
The case method, interactive lectures, workshops, group discussions, study groups and CEO panels will all stimulate actionable insights that you can immediately apply at work.
Address Real Business Challenges
Analyse a business challenge specific to your organisation and gain invaluable feedback and support from experts and peers.
Understanding the Global and East & Southern Africa Perspectives
(Strathmore University Business School – Kenya)
- Leadership – Role of the CEO in Africa and effective leadership strategies
- Concepts of global and African economies
- Understanding the Eastern and Southern African business contexts
- Crafting and shaping your organisational international strategy
- Creating value through expansion – Eastern and Southern Africa
Module II – Understanding the West Africa perspective & Building your Expansion Strategy
(Lagos Business School – Nigeria)
- Understanding the business context in West, North and Central Africa
- Emerging market dynamics
- Governance and Leadership
- People management in the 21st Century
- Strategy implementation and execution
- Creating value through expansion – West, North and Central Africa
Module III – Global Positioning and Strategy Formulation & African Leadership Solutions
(Yale School of Management, USA)
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
- Leadership in adversarial times
- Understanding and leading culture
- Growth and expansion into emerging markets
- Global and emerging markets economic outlook
- Creating value through global expansion – emerging markets
This programme will bring together an optimum mix of practitioners and faculty with experience in across diverse industries.
They are also uniquely suited to address contemporary issues of leadership in Africa.
Applications are accepted throughout the year but should be received no later than two months before the start date.
The Admissions Committee, comprised of representatives from Lagos Business School and Strathmore University Business School, thoroughly reviews all applications. Due to class-size constraints and the need to maintain a balanced mix of professional profiles, it is possible that even highly qualified applicants may not be admitted.