In a world with rapid, constant, and uncertain disruptive change (VUCA – volatility, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity), managers need to give support and guidance rather than instructions, and employees learn to adapt to a changing environment in a way that releases new energy, innovation, and commitment.
Managers at all levels need to acquire and deploy coaching skills.
An effective leader-as-a-coach asks questions instead of providing answers, supports employees instead of judging them, and facilitates their development instead of dictating what must be done.
The focus of this experiential Leader as Coach Programme is on participation and practical experience rather than lecture, with numerous opportunities to practice leader-as-coach skills and receive feedback on these newly acquired skills.
- The Leader as Coach Programme will focus on building skills to unlock the potential of self and others, leading yourself to lead others and transform your environment.
- This highly personalized programme seeks to enhance participants’ understanding of their leadership style.
- The Leader as Coach Programme will provide the tools that will help participants to develop their coaching skills successfully and thus have more impact on their teams, their organization, and their lives.
The programme is designed to improve a leader’s coaching confidence at all levels and functions of an organization and is intended for managers or leaders with relevant professional experience who needs to use the skills and strategies of coaching to drive superior organizational results.
It is particularly suitable for:
- Leaders who want to move from operational positions to become strategic business partners
- Leaders who want to achieve results through improved communication, trust, and engagement with their team
- Individuals who want to change their leadership style to a leader coach one and contribute to the development of coaching culture within their organization
- Leaders who intend to create a meaningful working environment for their teams
- Leaders who intend to achieve their strategic goals through meaningful work and relationships
Leader as Coach Programme Content
The Leader as Coach Programme helps managers and executives to change from being the advice-giver and the problem-solver to use their coaching skills when needed and develop coaching skills as an everyday habit.
- Communicates effectively and listens to understand
- Asks powerful questions
- Gives and seeks feedback
- Promotes teamwork
- Facilitates growth
- Fosters trust, challenges, and support
- Establish Next Steps & Accountability
The Leader as Coach Programme Participants should prepare an Individual Development Plan that will be supported by four individual online coaching sessions.
Programme Structure and Delivery
||One module of three full days from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm
||4 individual coaching sessions to support participants’ personal development plan
Leader as Coach Programme Benefits
By acquiring the skills of a Leader coach, participants will be able to:
- Develop effective communication skills to have better conversations with superiors, colleagues, teams, and other stakeholders
- Increase self-awareness
- Develop, motivate employees, and increase engagement
- Facilitate teams’ performance
Executive Coaching Programmes Brochure Request Form
Leader as Coach Programme Application form