The effectiveness of the audit and risk committee(s) is largely dependent on the performance of audit and risk functions in an organization. As the focus on corporate governance and oversight grows, the expectations on audit and risk committee(s) keep growing too.
This programme targets both audit and risk committee board members together with corporate managers engaged in internal audit and risk activities in the organization.
The programme explores best practices that your audit and risk committee(s) can utilise to fulfil its mandate and increase its strategic contribution and performance.
You will acquire emergent frameworks to align corporate strategy with risk and financial reporting for improved performance in today’s highly disruptive environment.
The programme covers aspects relating to audit, risk and the role of audit committees. Emphasis is placed on the expectation of audit, risk and audit committee members with a view to working in an integrated way.
The roles of audit, risk and audit committees will be explored. An in-depth understanding and analysis of financial statements will be performed.
The legal and regulatory environment will also be explored and benchmarked with best practices. Risk management and internal audit functions will be examined in detail.
The programme will conclude with techniques for running effective audit committee meetings using a practical simulated scenario.
The programme aims to achieve the following:
- Comprehend the role and responsibilities of the Audit and Risk Committee (s) in today’s board,
- Align audit and risk functions with corporate strategy,
- Explore legal, regulatory and compliance requirements relevant to audit and risk functions,
- Obtain sufficient knowledge to enable board members to ask the right questions
This programme is highly recommended for:
- Current (or potential) audit committee members on boards, board chairs, and chief executive officers
- Chief financial officers, chief operating officers, and risk officers who work closely with audit committees
- We encourage attendance by two or more audit and risk committee(s) members to foster teamwork and an appreciation of the programmes’ intent and impact
This programme prepares you to work towards aligning the audit and risk functions with corporate strategy and manage compliance and strategic roles of audit committees in a value-added manner.
This will help improve organizational performance by reducing any tension between audit, risk and other teams in the organization.
The programme goes beyond a compliance mentality toward strategic financial reporting and effective risk management.
Key Focus Areas
- Financial reporting
- Integrated enterprise risk management
- Corporate governance in audit and risk committee(s).
This programme heavily employs the case methodology as one of the learning techniques; this gives participants a chance to analyse real business scenarios as they immerse themselves in the various contemporary business challenges.
This will be in addition to various class simulations, videos, thought-provoking lectures by our key faculty and enlightening class discussions by fellow participants.
The mode of delivery will be in-person at the SBS Campus in Nairobi. COVID-19 safety measures will be adhered to.
Finance Programmes Brochure Request Form
Specially Themed Programmes Application Form