Public private partnerships (PPPs) are an alternative mechanism, used by governments, for procuring, delivering, financing and managing public infrastructure and services.
The Public Private Partnerships Executive Programme examines the use of Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs) as an option for Financing infrastructure and services. Governments have increasingly used Public-Private Partnerships to procure, finance, deliver, operate and manage public infrastructure and services.
Following the passing of the Public Private Partnerships Bill 2021 in Kenya, the focus on the use of PPPs is not only with the National Government, but with County Governments as well.
This course, therefore, examines the use of PPPs and places this within the current regulatory context in Kenya.
The main objective of this programme is to introduce PPPs as a concept, their terminology, structure, and uses as an option in Infrastructure Finance, in procuring, financing, delivering, operating, and managing public infrastructure and services.
- National Government and County Government Officers
- State Corporation Managers
- Private Practitioners
- Technical Consultants
- Legal Professionals
- Accounting Professionals
- Project Finance Project Management Professionals
- Other Professionals involved in PPPs or the planning of PPPs
The delivery of the course employs a combination of interactive lectures, discussions and case studies delivered by PPP experts (both academics and practitioners).
The case methodology as a learning technique gives participants a chance to analyse real PPP scenarios, discuss project preparation and implementation challenges, and participate in collaborative problem-solving.
Key Focus Areas
- Definition and main characteristics of a PPP
- Alternatives for infrastructure finance and procurement
- Types of PPP and other terminology applied
- Where PPPs are used
- Motivations for using PPPs
- Typical structure of a PPP
- How PPPs are financed
- Reasons for project failure
- Overview of the PPP process
Executive Public Policy Programmes Brochure Request Form