In recent times, there is a growing demand, in organisations, for efficiency in the use of time and resources. More businesses increasingly adopt a project-based paradigm to meet their business goals.
Project Management is used to initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control, and close projects by applying appropriate skills, knowledge, tools, and techniques to fulfil the project requirements and plan actionable strategies and implement solutions to challenges as they arise.
With current disruptive technologies, project managers need to be keen o emerging issues such as expanding automation and artificial intelligence, the increasing business value of “soft skills”, a growing tendency for method melding, shifting, globalized gig economy, increasingly competitive landscape, human-centred design and a greater focus on data.
The programme aims to empower individuals and organizations with standards, knowledge, tools, methods and techniques that describe good practices, globally recognized credentials that certify their project management expertise.
We shall cover key concepts, trends and emerging practices, tailoring considerations and considerations for adaptive environments.
This programme will empower you to gain the experience, education and competency to successfully lead and direct projects.
This is a Pathway to global certification.
Pre and post-coaching training, the trainees will have acquired solid project management skills and discipline to deliver projects to meet the organizational goals and objectives, and at the same time be ready to take the Project Management Institute (PMI) examinations based on their level of education and involvement in project management.
- Project Managers
- Human resource specialists
- Finance managers
- Team leaders
- Project Engineers
- Design Engineers
- Project Leaders and Administrators
- Program Managers
- Project Coordinators
- Operating Managers
- Functional Managers
- Information Technology Professionals
- Software Developers
- Quality & Testing Engineers
- Sales & Marketing professionals
- Procurement specialists
- R&D Managers, and
and other professionals involved directly or indirectly with project management.
The delivery of the course employs a combination of interactive lectures, discussions and case studies delivered by PMP experts (both academics and practitioners).
The case methodology as a learning technique gives participants a chance to analyse real scenarios, discuss project preparation and implementation challenges, and participate in collaborative problem-solving.
The mode of delivery is online.
Project Management Framework
- What is a Project? Project Management, Program Management and Portfolio Management, Project Management Context, Project Life Cycle, Project Phases, Project Stakeholders, Organizational Systems, Cultures and Styles, Five Project Management Process Groups: Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring and Controlling, Closing.
Project Integration Management
- Develop Project Charter, Develop Project Management Plan, Direct and Manage Project Work, Monitor and Control Project Work, Perform Integrated Change Control, Close Project or Phase.
Project Scope Management
- Plan Scope Management, Collect Requirements, Define Scope, Create WBS, Validate Scope, Control Scope, Project Time Management Plan, Schedule Management, Define Activities, Sequence, Activities, Estimate Activity and Resources, Estimate Activity Durations, Develop Schedule Control Schedule.
Project Cost Management
- Plan Cost Management, Estimate Costs, Determine Budget Control Costs
Project Quality Management
- Plan Quality Management, Perform Quality Assurance, Perform Quality Control.
Project Human Resource
- Management Plan, Human Resource Management, Acquire Project Team, Develop Project Team, Manage Project Team.
- Management Plan, Communication Management, Manage Communication, Control Communication
Project Risk Management
- Plan Risk Management Identify Risks, Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis, Plan Risk Responses, Control Risks.
Project Procurement Management
- Plan Procurement Management, Conduct Procurements, Control Procurements Close Procurements.
Project Stakeholder Management
- Identify Stakeholders, Plan Stakeholder Management, Manage Stakeholder Engagement, Control Stakeholder Engagement.
Professional Responsibility and Ethics
Training Benefits for Individuals
Pre and post-coaching training, the trainees will have acquired solid project management skills and discipline to deliver projects to meet the organizational goals and objectives and at the same time be ready to take the PMI examinations based on their level of education and involvement in project management.
The training fee per trainee/participant is Ksh. 75,000 or $ 750.
- Elaborate notes in MS PowerPoint soft copy
- A copy of PMBOK, 6th Edition
- Pre and post-coaching for the programme
- Simulation of PMP examination
- A certificate of completion of Strathmore University
Other Costs for those interested in taking the PMI Exams
The trainees who wish to be certified will be required to pay directly to PMI
- PMI membership fee of USD 159
Specially Themed Programmes Brochure Request Form
Specially Themed Programmes Application Form