JOB TITLE: Graduate Program Administrator
DEPARTMENT: Strathmore University Business School
REPORTING TO: Head of Graduate Programs
JOB PURPOSE: Oversee the Quality Assurance and Control in program management, class administration, and coordination while building and cultivating sustainable key relationships with participants and national and international partners.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Program Management and administration: –
- Program Logistics and Class Management: Plan and Co-ordinate all logistics as pertains to programs and class management
- Program Administration: Management of student files, coordinating timetable and class schedule, and informing them of exams Working closely with the Business Development team, ensure high-quality standards are maintained in admission processes, invoicing, program material preparation, faculty evaluation, as well as facilities.
- Student Research Support: Work closely with the Student Research Office for Thesis Supervisor allocation, manage student-supervisor relations, and track their progress after completion of course work by ensuring they attend Research clinics,
- Program Scheduling and room booking: Booking of SBS rooms and conference facilities
- Student Relationship Management: Continually devise ways to increase customer experience and deepen participant relationships to maintain lasting client and partner relationships
- Quality Assurance and Control: Work closely with the quality assurance department to ensure that high standards are maintained throughout the program to ensure a stellar student Responsible for collecting student feedback both formally i.e., through the evaluation forms, and informally through interactions with the students
- Internal Business Partnering: Working closely with support departments like finance, cafeteria, marketing, coaching, and other service providers to ensure program logistics are effectively in place to ensure that the programs run as expected
- Oversee SBS Graduate Programs: this involves supervision and team leadership, quality assurance and control, and student relationship management and
- Faculty involvement: –
- Faculty Relations: Follow up faculty confirmations, fulfillment of faculty contractual agreements by all stakeholders, ensure timely receipt of course outlines and course unit materials, class attendance, faculty payments as well as logistical arrangements for international Also responsible for organizing faculty review meetings before the program
- Program materials: Work with the program lead to ensure faculty submit all program materials in good time
- Faculty and program review meetings: Organize faculty and program review meetings before and after the module/trimester
- Guest speakers: –
- Send invitation letters to the selected guest speakers and follow up on their confirmation and attendance
- Handle guest speaker logistics: This includes parking reservations, hosting, gifts, and thank you letters
- Maintain and manage the program guests’ database working closely with the respective stakeholders to avoid overlaps. Managing program guests’ itineraries while in SBS and collecting the guest speaker’s feedback
- Budgetary responsibility: –
- Cost Management and Profitability margins: Manage cost drivers and specific line items as per the approved budget to ensure profitability margins are met or exceeded
- Collection of fees: Ensure that the SBS program fee payment policies are adhered to and program fees are paid as per the approved fee structure
- Debt collection: Identify and plan a course of action in collecting any outstanding program debt
- Business Development: –
- Network with participants to get leads and referrals from Continually generate more business opportunities for growth
- Alumni relations and internal networking activities: Drive and organize student networking activities such as cocktails and breakfast events
- Provide logistical support to the Business Development team for the various marketing activities and events such as open days
- Management Reports: –
- Internal management reports: Report and discuss activity schedules and plans, submit management reports on coordination activities to the team leader as per agreed timelines
- Prepare periodic reports g. monthly, quarterly, annually, Adhoc, etc. as may be required
- Any other tasks that may be assigned
The post holder will be required to have and demonstrate evidence of the following qualifications, attributes, and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution
- At least 1-year experience in a client-facing role
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Well organized
- Time conscious
- Proactive and takes initiative
- Emotional intelligence
If you are interested in the position and have the skills we are looking for, we would like to hear from you. Please forward an application letter together with a copy of your updated resume quoting ‘Graduate Program Administrator’ to the People and Culture Manager, Strathmore University Business School, at firstname.lastname@example.org by end of the day (5.30 pm) Monday, 11th April 2022.
Due to a large number of applications, we may receive, only the shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please be advised that Strathmore University Business School is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT ask for money from applicants under any circumstances during its recruitment process. Interested applicants are encouraged to exercise caution upon receiving any such interview opportunity that requires payment of any money.
This is an opportunity for internal candidates only.