This program is a facilitated learning process involving Online Learning during which participants will have the opportunity to work on real case studies and activities assigned during and after completion of the program.
The key objective is to enable suppliers to successfully choose and implement one or two SDGs and align them to their core business. The online sessions are grouped into four key modules that discuss an overview of the SDGs, monitoring and implementation of the SDGs selected, communication and how they fit into the broader frame of the business.
The webinars will enable participants to spend valuable time in group discussions and share their experiences to shape and refine their own strategy and sphere of influence. Participants will further benefit from opportunities to engage a range of guest contributors (drawn from business, government, non-governmental organizations, and academia) who will further provide insights into issues emerging in various sectors.
Any organization and/or individuals that would like to have Sustainability principles embedded in their everyday practices as a fundamental process of their business
Key Learning Outcomes
By the end of the programme, participants should be able to:
- Understand the 3 dimensions of sustainable development
- Understand Creating Shared Value, the United Nations Global Compact and the Principles of Sustainable Banking
- Apply various frameworks e.g. Creating Shared Value to business operations
- Describe the main themes addressed by the sustainable development goals (SDGs)
- Describe the 17 SDGs and the various societal and environmental issues they address
- Understand the role communication plays in sustainability strategy
- Key approaches to sustainability communication
- Develop a strategic communication strategy that addresses sustainability
- Understand how sustainability is incorporated within various policy frameworks through the SDGs
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: Shared Value & Adoption of SDGs Explained.
- Module 3: How do we talk about the SDGs?
- Module 4: The Next Steps
- Module 5: Evaluation of Initiatives
- The Forum: Absa Suppliers Forum
Digis Programmes Brochure Request Form
Digital Learning (Digis) Programmes Application Form