In the ever-changing knowledge economy, the role of senior managers becomes more challenging due to changes in technology, customer needs among others.
The challenges they face include skill-gaps, high-staff turnover, breaking down silos, creating innovative teams and employee engagement.
How do they thrive in reduce costs, add value, and pursue digital transformation?
The Senior Managers Leadership Development Programme (SMDP) integrates key management concepts and best practices to develop strategic thinking and leadership skills as well as an integrated view of the business landscape in relations to the market dynamics.
It offers a transformational learning experience that prepares the senior executive to assume responsibilities at the highest level as they lead their companies and institutions to achieve a sustainable competitive edge.
The programme is structured in a modular format divided into 3 separate modules that are spread out over a period of 6 months. Each module consists of 3 intensive days. Participants get a chance to prepare ahead of each module from an individual and syndicate group level ahead of facilitation by top-rated programme faculty.
The programme heavily employs the case methodology as one of the learning techniques; this gives participants a chance to analyze real business scenarios as they immerse themselves in the various contemporary business challenges. This will be in addition to various class simulations, videos, thought-provoking lectures by our key faculty and enlightening syndicate and class discussions by fellow participants.
Impact on the company:
- Implement effective strategies to increase profitability and long-term value
- Increase retention of hard-to-fill senior positions, both functional and cross-functional, by preparing participants to take on new responsibilities
- Reduce the cost of organisational transitions and turnover to allow for a more vigorous success-planning process
Impact on you:
- Improve your ability to provide informed insights and more effective analysis of key business issues
- Enhance your capacity to generate strategic alternatives and implement change
- Gain an action-oriented focus on leading people and creating value
- Acquire a transformed perspective that improves judgment and results in better decision making
Participants are carefully selected to enhance a great mix of senior executives from various industries and regions with relevant knowledge and experience to boost the quality of the discussions and group work.
Typical participants are:
- Head of Finance
- Regional Managers
- Head of Human Resources
- Head of Customer Relations
- Head of Corporate Communications
- Senior Manager
- Organizational Learning & Talent Development
The class size is limited to 25 participants to allow for intensive interaction. We shall consider participants on a first-come basis. Once the class if full, other applicants will be admitted to next year’s class.
In this programme, we focus on developing skills and competencies in:
- Art of Negotiation
- Influencing and Driving Change
- Change Management
- Leadership and Corporate Accountability
- Performance Management for Effective Management
- Business Ethics
- Society Driven Innovation
- Inclusive Business Models
- Developing Financially Inclusive Strategies
- Boardroom Dynamics
- Aligning Sustainability with Corporate Performance
- Corporate Impact Investing
- Professional networking that comes as a result of interacting with high-level participants and faculty who share different perspectives on business ideas and issues
- A lifetime chance of being an SBS alumnus upon completion of the programme that gives you access to the frequent SBS high profile events and learning forums
- The programme is structured in a modular format of 3 three-days modules spread over a period of 6 months to accommodate the busy schedule of the participants
- One-on-one Coaching with well-versed and internationally-certified Executive Coaches
The faculty has been carefully selected to meet the specific demands and subject areas of the programme while bringing in their rich experiences in these areas.