The Financial Services Research Hub was formed with the intention of promoting research, finance, innovation and excellence in the different areas of finance and accounting. In line with the overall goal of the Strathmore University Business School, the Financial Services Research Hub seeks to achieve the following objectives:
- To coordinate the teaching and research activities relating to the academic programs offered by the finance Hub;
- To coordinate the delivery of executive education relating to financial services sector;
- To provide consultancy relating to finance and financial services sector;
- To partner with financial sector institutions to deliver quality research that meets the emerging needs of the financial services sector;
- To partner with other international universities in the delivery of the value proposition of the hub and improve the international repute and recognition of the Hub;
- To build capacity in the Hub through training of doctoral and graduate students.
Areas of focus
- Corporate reporting
- Corporate finance
- Risk management
To design and promote top notch financial products and services that are at an international level through excellent research informed by data analytics in the field of finance.
On-going research projects
Case study on Tuskys Supermarket and its finance records.
Senior researchers within the hub
- Dr. Freshia Waweru
- Dr. David Mathuva
- Dr. Mumbi Wachira
- Dr. James Mcfie