This is a 2 week (10 working days) competency based training for professionals working in the health care sector delivered by the Institute of Healthcare Management, SBS.
This internationally recognised Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Management Course is specifically designed to equip participants with an in-depth understanding of Supply Chain and Operations Management best practices in the healthcare sector.
It is designed by specialists in management and supply chain to equip participants with Knowledge, skills and practical learnings to plan implement and control from forecasting, procurement, warehousing and distribution, while taking into account the applicable legal and regulatory framework, with the purpose of satisfying the customer requirements as efficiently as possible in the health care organisations.
The course proposes a multi-disciplinary and integrated approach in line with current trends.
Key Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Have a solid understanding of the basics of Supply Chain Management
- Appreciate the various steps involved in the Pharmaceutical Supply chain – from molecule to end user
- Appreciate the legal and regulatory framework applicable in pharmaceutical supply chain
- Apply appropriate sourcing and supplier selection strategies
- Manage quality and risk in healthcare supply chain
- Enhance the ability to manage the flow and storage of pharmaceuticals effectively and efficiently
- Manage people and work more effectively in a team
- Gain practical tools to participants to improve their level of performance when undertaking supply chain operations
The training is particularly relevant for professionals who are aspiring or involved in health care supply chain forecasting, procurement, logistics, operations, inventory management, transport, warehousing, distribution, and customer service.
The course is also relevant for:
- Analytical Scientists,
- QC/QA Managers,
- Pharma Manufacturing Scientists,
- Managers in Pharmaceutical Industry,
- Regulatory Affairs specialists,
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing organizations and Regulators.
The course specifically caters for those candidates who wish to accomplish both theoretical and practical aspects of best practices in the pharmaceutical supply chain Management.
|1||Supply Chain Management Concept in Pharmaceutical Value Chain|
|2||Legal and Regulatory Framework in Pharmaceutical Supply Chain|
|3||Sourcing and Supplier Selection in the pharmaceutical Supply Chain|
|4||Warehousing and Distribution of Pharmaceuticals|
|5||Managing People and Team in Healthcare Organisations|
|6||Ethics, Leadership and Governance in Healthcare Organisations|
|7||Quality and Risk Management in Pharmaceutical Commodity Supply Chain|
|8||Technology and Innovation in Pharmaceutical Supply Chain|
|9||Financial and Spend Management of Healthcare Organisations|
|10||The Art of Negotiation and Persuasion|
The delivery of the course employs a variety of methodologies, including lecture/presentation, discussions, debates, group work, video learnings, question and answers, demonstrations, practical sessions (hands-on practice/site visit), small and large group exercises and case study discussions.
The case methodology as a learning technique gives participants a chance to analyse real scenarios, and participate in collaborative problem-solving.
The mode of delivery is in-person at the SBS campus.
SBS faculty members hold PhDs from leading universities and reflect different nationalities, giving them a unique perspective on today’s complex business landscape.
Through the integrated expertise, participants gain a comprehensive view of business, with the distinct needs of healthcare business leaders in Africa kept sharply in focus.
You will meet recognized thought leaders, skilled educators, groundbreaking researchers, among others. They will empower you to become the visionary leader in your career, your organization, and the global economy demand.
Classroom discussions provide conceptual frameworks for effective decision making, along with practical tools for real-life.
Executive Healthcare Programmes Brochure Request Form
Developing Great African Leaders
- Week 1: 4 – 8 July 2023
- Week 2: 7 – 11 August 2023
Cost: Kshs. 150,000 (USD 1500)
For more information on the programme, Contact Arthur Kasina on:
- Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: +254 703 034 757 (Tel) or +254 (0) 722 545 400 (Cell)