The “Mavazi Executive Programme (MEP)” is a training programme that will instill enhanced design and business skills amongst the established and upcoming designers that participate in it.
The program will also provide the participants opportunities to develop and enhance their networks, business structures, systems, cultures and brand visibility. With these new skills, opportunities and information the participants will enjoy an extended customer base, a rich network in the fashion value chain, increased revenues and potential access to financing.
Upon successful completion of the programme created by the Strathmore University Business School in partnership with the Carole Kinoti Brands’ participants will have an opportuinity to join an exclusive network of Fashion Value chain players committed to creating sustainable ‘Made in Africa’ fashion trends known as the Mavazi Hub.
Shared regional marketing, supply and distribution channels will create valuable synergies that will bring about economies of scale and an enhanced negotiating platform in the Fashion Value Chain.
• Enhance design and business skills amongst the participants.
• Develop sustainable networks with players throughout the Fashion Value Chain to encourage synergy.
• Empower participants to develop effective and ethical plans, brands, cultures, structures and systems for their businesses.
• Embed a customer-centric approach in the Fashion Design business
• Understand the position and role of the Designer in the Fashion Value Chain
Key Focus Areas
1. Increased overall revenues by using new marketing, design and networking insights
2. Extended networks amongst players in the Fashion Value Chain
3. Enhanced design and business skills
4. Opportunity to be a part of an exclusive community in the Fashion Value Chain.
5. Creating and elevating the brand visibility of the participants’ businesses
This programme is highly recommended for established and upcoming creatives in the Textile, Apparel and Handicrafts Industry who aim to create sustainable fashion trends with a Made in Africa agenda. More specifically:
• Fashion Designers (Couture, Ready to Wear
• Fashion, Fast Fashion, Economy Fashion)
• Jewelry and Accessories Designers
• Footwear Designers
• Bag Designers
• Hat Designers
• Phase 1 will run for once a week for 8 weeks for approximately 3 hours at a time. Occasional Saturday sessions may be included.
• Phase 2 will run for 7 full days and will culminate in a Fashion High Tea that will have Distributors, Finance partners, Government representatives and other key Fashion Value chain participants.
• The program comes as a full package, with an option for students to choose between phase 1 and 2, or just phase 1 based on fee payment capabilities.
Kindly fill in the form below and we shall send the brochure to you.
Request Brochure Form
Developing Great African Leaders
For more information on the programme or application process, write to Toroitich on firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Cell: .+254 (0) 725 633 211
25th April -6th June 2022,
18th November – 25th November 2022,
Mode of Delivery: Physical