Failure to manage data is like failure in managing capital. It results in waste and lost opportunity. The primary driver for data management is to enable organizations to get value from their data assets, just as effective management of financial and physical assets enables organizations to get value from those assets. This programme integrates key data-driven management concepts and best practices to develop a sustainable data-driven culture towards agile use of data as a tool for innovation in a fast-changing business environment. It offers a transformational learning experience that prepares middle and senior managers to assume responsibilities at the highest level as they lead their companies and institutions to achieve sustainable competitive edge.
- Provide an understanding of the key concepts in the data governance and why it is a critical success factor in data management.
- Provide an understanding of the need for data stewards towards effective data management.
- Provide an understanding of how to develop a sustainable corporate data governance framework.
- Provide a practical understanding on how to conduct data management maturity assessment.
Middle and senior executives including head of departments with significant management responsibilities are ideal for this programme.
Participants are carefully selected to enhance a great mix of managers from various industries and regions with relevant knowledge and experience to boost the quality of the discussion and group work.
EPDG is a structured modular programme comprising of four separate modules that is spread out over a period of 8 months. One of the modules will be offered out of Kenya by one of our partner business schools which adds to the world-class insights relevant to you as you apply this acquired knowledge.
Each module consists of 5 intensive days. Participants get a chance to prepare ahead of each module from an individual and syndicate group level ahead of facilitation by top-rated programme faculty.
This programme heavily employs the case methodology as one of the learning techniques; this gives participants a chance to analyse real business scenarios as they immerse themselves in the various contemporary business challenges.
This will be in addition to various class simulations, videos, thought-provoking lectures by our key faculty and enlightening syndicate and class discussions by fellow participants.
Module 1: Data Governance (DG)
This module will introduce the key concepts in Data Management. This module will introduce the key concepts in Data Management. Participants will gain understanding on what is data governance and why it is a critical success factor in data management.
Module 2: Data Stewardship
This module will describe how to build a data literacy programme aimed at developing effective data stewards. The data literacy programme will help in understanding the role of a steward. Participants will understand the need for data stewards in promulgating data management good practices throughout their business areas. This module will also describe change management in the context of data governance.
Module 3: Data Handling Ethics
This module will introduce the key privacy concerns arising from international and national data protection legislation. Participants will gain insights into the key inputs for the development of a corporate data governance framework. The module will equip participants with knowledge on critical corporate data policies and documentation that must be formulated for an effective corporate data governance framework.
Module 4: Data Management Strategy & Assessment
This module provides an in-depth understanding of how to develop and implement a data management strategy. It also discusses how the various data management maturity models can be applied to assess maturity, and also ways to grow your data management environment in line with the current business strategy.
The EPDG benefits not only the company but also the individual. SBS programmes include the focus on the person, through various personal learning aspects.
To the participant:
- Acquire a transformed perspective of contemporary tools and frameworks that will improve your ability to provide effective data governance that will ensure that the data is usable, accessible, and protected.
- Provide tangible answers on how your organization can determine and prioritize the financial benefits of data while mitigating the business risks of poor data.
- Further develop your capacity to think strategically as you focus on solving real world business challenges.
To the organization:
- Effective middle and senior managers who are able to direct the organization towards a data-driven culture resulting in greater competitive edge and innovation.
- Enhanced data-driven implementation of the organizational strategies to increase profitability and long-term values to shareholders.
- Increased organizational efficiency by leveraging on data to improve business processes.
This programme faculty will comprise of course leaders who will be responsible for the design and delivery of the respective module; an associate course leader to bring specific industry or international perspectives; topic specialists as facilitators; and guest speakers drawn from industry. They will work collectively to ensure that the learning outcomes set out for this programme are realized.
- Professional networking that comes as a result of interacting with high level participants and faculty who share different perspectives on business ideas and issues
- A lifetime chance of being an SBS alumni upon completion of the programme that provides you access to the frequent SBS high profile events and learning forums
- The strong partnership between SBS and International Business Schools in the delivery of the programme brings in a rich international perspective to participants
Data Governance Programmes Brochure Request Form
Developing Great African Leaders
Cost: Kshs. 485, 050
Mode of Delivery: In-Person
- Module 1: 27 – 31 March 2023
- Module 2: 8 – 12 May 2023
- Module 3: 7 – 11 Aug 2023
- Module 4: 2 – 6 October 2023
For more information, write to Robert on
- Tel: +254 (0) 703 034 531
- Cell: +254 (0) 721 327 377