Grants management is a key activity in Non-Government Organizations (NGOs), State Corporations and other Donor funded institutions. Most teams aim to use limited resources optimally and efficiently to achieve maximum impact.
This course is designed to build the confidence and skills of participants on the best practices and nurture essential skills of effective grants management i.e. monitoring your project, accountability, complying with grant regulations and how to prevent your organization from the challenges both legal and administrative that result from poor grants management.
They will also understand the primary functional areas of Grants Management. The Grants Management Cycle will also be explored in depth.
Top and Middle level managers of Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), State Corporations and other donor funded institutions.
It is also suitable for professionals keen on learning how to manage grants responsibly.
The programme will run over a period of 5 days.
The programme will have participant engagement, reflections and extensive use of case studies.
- Introduction: Fundamentals of Grants Management
- Grant Management Cycle, Roles, Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Proposal Submission
- Award of Grant
- Monitoring & Evaluation
- Close out
- Types of Grants, Applications and the Obligating Documents:
- Who to comply with and areas of compliance
- Donor compliance
- Legislative compliance
- Accounting Standards and Practices
- Community and cultural Compliance
- Key Departmental Compliance Areas in Donor Fund Management:
- Financial Reporting and Documentation
- Procurement Procedures
- Travel and Per diems
- Human Resource Management
- M&E and Impact Assessment
- Contract Amendments
- Types of Amendments
- Necessitating Reasons
- How to manage and carry through successfully
- Internal Control Systems
- Procedures & Processes
- Risks and mitigation
- Fund raising, budgeting and costing
- Partnerships & Consortia
- Problem areas to watch
- Co-Financing and Multi Donor Funding
- Sources and reasons
- Managing the intricacies varied compliance issues
- Own/community cost contribution
For more information on the programme, contact
Business Development Executive
Grants Management Programme
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +254 (0) 703 034 543
Cell: +254 (0) 728 983 306