Do you finance agribusiness ventures? Seek to understand the agribusiness and its uniqueness compared to other industries.
This programme will provide a complete overview of investment, finance modelling options in East Africa agribusiness. The programme is meant for financiers of the industry. You will interact with financing authorities from different sectors.
The five day programme orients you to an industry that feeds East Africa population of about 40 million people. Agribusiness comprises of primary production to sale of value added farm commodities.
Key Focus Areas
This programme will ensure that you grasp;
- Available financing models in Kenya
- Risk mitigation of agribusiness financing
- Suitability of financing models in Kenya
The programme will be delivered in one modules that will incorporate practical class sessions.
The programme will enable you to;
- Understand the agricultural sector dynamics in depth
- Understand the financing needs of agribusiness investors
- Acquire relevant knowledge and skills to be able to grow your agribusiness loan book by exploiting all the opportunities within the agribusiness sector
- Develop effective market intelligence techniques for the agribusiness sector exploration
- Acquire skills to enable you to develop relevant and market-driven agribusiness loan products
- Make use of effective monitoring and control metrics
- Proactively exploit agribusiness opportunities within your market niche
Who Should Attend?
The programme attracts an array of stake holders in agribusiness including but not limited to:
- Agribusiness investment managers
- Agribusiness risk managers
- Lenders to the agribusiness sector
- Credit officers
- Relationship managers
- Accountants and lawyers
- Policy makers in the agribusiness space
- Non- Governmental and Governmental agencies in the agribusiness sector
Sample topics to be explored
- Principles of agribusiness lending
- Understanding the Kenya agribusiness landscape and its dynamics
- Types of agribusiness loans
- Risk management in agribusiness lending
- Facility monitoring, control and recovery of agribusiness financing products
- Structure of commodity financing
- Economic environment in agribusiness
- Emerging issues and market environmental concerns
- Being an effective trainer in agribusiness lending
- Types of agribusiness loans and facilities
- Lending to SACCOs in agribusiness
- Grant management for agribusiness
- The role of NGO sector in promoting agribusiness
The cost of the programme is Ksh 135,600.
This caters for:
- A five day class work session at SBS
- Meals and refreshments at Strathmore University Business School for five days
For more information on the programme, contact Mercy on email@example.com, or Tel: +254 (0) 723 362 319
Dates: 26th – 30th August 2019
Cost: Kshs. 115, 000