In an increasingly digital world, both organizations and professionals are preferring e-learning to build their capacities. Adapting to the new learning and teaching environment requires a change of mindset in adopting the best practices in designing and running online training programmes.
Instructional design is the practice of developing content, materials, and other solutions to support the acquisition of new knowledge or skills using digital technologies.
Through this programme, you will gain the expertise to become an industry leader in designing and providing an enhanced learning experience for learners and organizations in the current digital age.
The programme equips organizations and individuals with practical skills, tools, and techniques to design their own successful online training programmes.
The programme is ideal for organizations and professionals who work directly or indirectly to support and improve learning and development.
- Human Resource Department managers, officers, and trainers
- Learning & Development managers, officers, and trainers
- Educational institutions
- Consultancies and other organizations that conduct training
- Lecturers, teachers, trainers, and consultants
- Individuals seeking to further their own personal and professional development through online learning
Key Learning Outcomes
By the end of the programme, participants should be able to:
- Identify and analyze the learning needs of their institution and how these needs can be met through effective eLearning
- Learn how to blend traditional teaching and learning models with digital approaches to provide an enhanced learning experience
- Utilize instructional design models to develop online learning experiences to meet the needs of their institution
- Design processes for implementing and evaluating eLearning courses
- Integrate technologies to create engaging eLearning experiences
Programme Structure & Delivery
The course is structured to be action-oriented. Action learning is an experiential learning process where individuals from the start, identify and evaluate their needs and create practical, implementable solutions. As such, the course will follow the action research format: Planning, Designing, Acting, Observing and Reflecting. Participants will therefore gain practical skills to apply in their organizations and roles.
The duration is 2 weeks. It will include both practical and theoretical sessions. The first part of the module will be theoretical sessions, followed by practical immersion sessions, using their own organizations as a case study.
The mode of delivery is online.
1. Deliberating on the needs of the institution:
- Conducting a needs analysis of your target participants to inform the design of eLearning courses
2. Instructional design:
- Identifying and utilizing different eLearning methods, digital media, and technologies
3. Content Development:
- Developing engaging content and learning materials that effectively meet the needs of your target audience
- Integrating organizational branding in eLearning
- Learn training evaluation models to measure the effectiveness of your eLearning course and whether training needs have been met
This programme brings together an optimum mix of practitioners and faculty with experience in instructional design.
They are also uniquely suited to address contemporary issues of both self-paced and instructor-led learning.
Why Strathmore University Business School?
- Participant-centred learning
- Flexible learning experience
- Build successful networks
- Expert faculty with sector experience
- World-class facilities
Digis Programmes Brochure Request Form
Digital Learning (Digis) Programmes Application Form