The Center for Research on Organizations, Work and Family (CROWF) is a research institution within Strathmore Business School that has, as one of its objectives, the task of developing strategies that help organizations in Kenya improve employee retention, commitment and personality through enabling employee engagement.
Brief Background Profile
The Centre for Research on Organizations Work and Family (CROWF) was established in 2002 as a research institute within Strathmore Business School (SBS) of Strathmore University, Nairobi, Kenya. We help companies improve their bottom-line and competitiveness by reinforcing the commitment of employees to their organizations.
Vision of CROWF
To assist companies manage people and their organizations through sound and well researched corporate policies.
Mission of CROWF
To assist organizations improve employee retention, commitment and engagement thus enhancing organizational productivity.
Features & Activities of CROWF
- Annual CEO/HR Forum on “New Perspectives to Corporate Social Responsibility”
- Annual Network of African Scholars colloquium in collaboration with the Doha Institute for Family Studies & Development.
- Bi-Annual HR Forum on HR “Best Practices” in collaboration with the Institute for Personnel Management.
- Annual Employer/ Employees Family Responsible Company Survey in collaboration with International Centre for Work & Family (IESE Business School, Spain) and the Institute for Work & Family Integration (Lagos Business School, Nigeria).
- Annual Employer and Employees General Survey in collaboration with the Families & Work Institute (Boston).
- Development, improvement and delivery of a course on work – life balance to the different management programs at the Strathmore Business School
- Development of “HR research” for African organizations.