Kindly fill in the form below to declare your interest in the Dairy Investors Programme.
The dairy industry in Kenya leads in East Africa and is the fastest growing single subsector in agriculture in the country. It accounts for approximately 14% of agricultural GDP and an estimated 1 million jobs at farm level.The sector has great potential for growth, but despite the high investment into it, the sector is yet to achieve its full potential.
Four key challenges that affect entrepreneurs within this sector include:
- Seasonal fluctuation of production which affects the processors’ ability to absorb all the milk, leading to periods of surplus followed shortly by that of low volumes
- Low milk production
- Operating below optimal capacity, leading to lower incomes
- Poor farm management: Many farms rely on farm managers, yet the managers lack the strategic level of knowledge to drive the vision of the owners
To read more about the programme, click on the link below
The Dairy Investors Programme seeks to equip dairy investors keen on building wealth in the dairy sector with critical skills and knowledge that will guarantee them a return on their investment.
Attending this programme will:
- Expose you to the best practices in the dairy sector and to the opportunities that exist to improve your
portfolio as a dairy investor.
- Expose you to the most advanced agricultural working methods in the dairy sector and equip you
with the necessary skills and tools to adopt them.
- Give you a deeper understanding of what it takes to successfully manage and run a profitable commercial
dairy farm, operating at an optimal capacity.
- Give you a deeper understanding of how to plan and manage your farm and your resources.
- Give you an opportunity to share your experiences and network with other dairy investors and experts.
- Expose you to new opportunities, innovations and technologies in the dairy sector.
- Equip you with the tools to model your business effectively and gain access to markets for your
Key Focus Areas
- Key Success factors for dairy enterprises
- Dairy cattle feeding and nutrition
- Forage production and preservation
- Fundamentals of Cow Comfort and Cow Housing
- Fertility and Breeding
- Record keeping for a dairy farm
- Financial management – Cost and Profit analysis
- Optimization in dairy production and risk management
- Dairy farm planning and resource management
- Young stock management
- Soil fertility management
- Animal care and management – culling, dehorning and hoof care
- Route to market for a dairy investor
- Working capital management and management decisions
- Milk quality and proper milking techniques
- Dairy Supplementation
For more information or application please contact Chrispaul Muthaura on email@example.com or call +254 (0) 716 048 191
Dates: 30th July – 3rd August 2018
Cost : Kshs. 185, 200