Job Title: Head of Sustainability Programs Strathmore Institute of Public Policy and Governance
Work Base: Strathmore Business School, Madaraka Campus
Hours of Work: 40 hours a week
Responsible to: Reporting to the Director, Executive Education SIPPG
Relationships and Contacts:
- Director, Executive Education, SIPPG
- Director, SIPPG
- Dean and members of School Management Committee
- Talent Partners across different sectors, nationally and regionally.
- Professional, Statutory and Regulatory Bodies
- Collaborative partners, partner business schools in Kenya and globally.
- Interdepartmental relationships with colleagues and departments across the Business School. Key stakeholders include: Quality assurance, Marketing, Finance and procurement, HR, Alumni office and coaching teams.
- Departmental relationships.
To develop and run programs under the Institute in liaison with the Director of SIPPG, build and cultivate sustainable key relationships with potential public and commercial partners, nationally and regionally and develop and coordinate research and consultancy projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead Generation: Carrying out sales and marketing activities, identifying and follow up on sales leads including marketing letters aimed at generating more business opportunities for growth and development.
- Tenders, Prequalification proposals & Requests for proposals: Responding to tenders, prequalification proposals and requests for proposals, carry out presentations, follow up on sales leads including cold calls to potential clients.
- County and Regional expansion: Identify and attend strategic marketing activities to promote SBS brand visibility and seek new business opportunities.
- Client Relationship Management: Developing and maintaining relationships with new and existing clients, developing industry linkages so that they continue to use SBS as their knowledge partner in transforming Africa leaders. Continually devise ways to increase customer experience and deepen client/partner relationships and maintain lasting client and partner relationships.
- Networking and Brand awareness activities: Identify and attend networking activities and events that promote SBS brand visibility and enhance interactions with business leaders, in liaison with marketing department.
- Internal networking activities: Attend alumni networking events, on-going classroom sessions, cocktails, breakfast events to constantly seek opportunities for repeat business.
- Client Database Management: Data-mining, database update and clean-up.
- Knowledge Creation: Coordinate research activities under the Centre with the aim of producing research outputs.
- Revenue Targets: Seek to meet set revenue targets within stipulated financial and budgeting guidelines.
- Debt Management: Collect all program fees relating to programs prior to commencement or as per approved financial payment plans. A sale is only complete after collection.
- Cost Management: Managing the cost drivers and specific line items as per approved budget.
- Profitability Targets: Ensure set margin targets are attained for individual assignments.
Program Management and administration:-
- Program scheduling: Advice the Coordination Head on program dates agreed upon with the client to facilitate booking of SBS facilities as well as allocation of coordinating program managers.
- Curriculum Design: Initiate and drive the program design process in liaison with the Director, Academic Directors, and coordination team. This includes designing coaching projects and other unique program features.
- Faculty Identification and Selection: Seek approvals on selected faculty from the Director prior to sending the list to Team Lead, coordination to send out faculty invitations
- Faculty & Program review meetings: Attend internal faculty and program review meetings as scheduled by Coordination team.
- Attend Opening and closing sessions: Give welcome remarks, Health & safety guides (Washrooms, Exits, Assembly points and clinic) & give the official opening address. Attend class sessions within the week and identify & recommend other programs to participants. Attend closing session, give the SBS programs presentation.
- Internal management reports: Prepare and submit management reports on Business development activities, activity schedules and plans to the Dean as per agreed timelines.
- Client Reports: Schedule progress review meetings with clients, submit client reports on on- going and concluded projects.
- Any other tasks that maybe assigned by the Dean of the Business School.
- Master’s degree in Economics, Political Science, Public Policy or a related subject.
- Demonstrable command of public policy and global development agenda and discourses including global development targets such as the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Ability to develop and run training programs demonstrable through administrative, program management or training experience.
- Team player, with ability to work with different departments within the institution as well as with individuals at various levels.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is necessary, knowledge of advanced analytical software will be advantageous.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Personal drive.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
If you are interested in the position and have the skills we are looking for, we would like to hear from you. Please forward an application letter together with a copy of your updated resume quoting ‘Head of Sustainability Programs – SIPPG to the Human Resource Manager, Strathmore Business School, to email@example.com by end of the day (5:30 pm) Friday, 30th December 2016.