The Effective Director (TED) is an exclusive program from Strathmore Business School, aimed squarely at current and future directors.
The board of directors is a critical instrument of governance, and plays a key role in economic development in both the private and public sectors. TED is a path-breaking program that covers the work of the board and the contribution of individual directors.
It is delivered by a high-powered team of local and international faculty, combining leading-edge research with practical board experience.
Nairobi; Starts: 7th – 9th June 2017
Kigali; Starts: 6th – 8th September 2017
Kampala; Starts: 13th – 15th September 2017
Dar es Salaam; Starts: 8th – 10th November 2017
- An appreciation of how boards have evolved in recent years,and of the responsibility board membership carries
- A clear understanding of board best practice, and of the structure and nature of modern progressive boards
- A critical assessment of how individual directors add real value to boards, and how to enhance your own personal contribution
- Recognition of the range of challenges directors have to address, and how to manage them
- Fruitful interaction and networking amongst a high powered peer group
- Directors of publicly listed corporations
- Directors of private companies
- Directors of government-owned enterprises
- Directors of not-for-profit organisations
- Chief executives and senior executives aspiring to board entry
- Owners of fast-growing enterprises seeking to build boards of directors in their organisations
The Effective Director is a 3-day program that rides on the principles and lessons that will be accrued from case studies, group discussions and business videos. Apart from the well-versed faculty team that has been carefully selected to close the gaps encountered in the world of board directorship, participants will get to learn more from insights shared by seasoned board members from across the industries through a special round table session usually conducted on the last day of the program.
Some of the areas that will be tackled include, the 21st Century Boards and what new-age challenges they have to tackle, teamwork and relationships on boards, adding significant value as an individual among others.