This course has aims at educating participants on responsible personal financial management.
Participants will be empowered with the necessary knowledge that will set them firmly on the path to financial independence.
This knowledge is a prerequisite for life, the creation of a positive financial future, entrepreneurship and retirement.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who would like to improve management of their personal finances and gain knowledge and understanding in the field of Financial Management.
There are no specific entrance requirements.
One day or three sessions of two hours each (for in-house presentation):
After completion of this course individuals should be able to:
- Identify personal financial priorities
- Set financial goals and develop a financial plan
- Prepare a personal budget
- Manage cash and savings
- Understand debt and practical ways to reduce and avoid debt
- Learn the basic steps on the road to financial freedom
Managing your personal finance
- Understanding the basic principles
- Money Management Tasks
- Setting goals
Measuring Your Financial Health
- Personal Balance Sheet
- Personal Income statement
- Begin working on Financial Plan.
- Factors that Influence Financial Planning
Developing a personal / household budget
- Why Use Budgets?
- Creating a Budget
- Using a Budget
The Automobile and Housing Decision
- Rent or Buy?
- Buying and maintaining an automobile and a Home
- Debt Management
- Dealing with debt
- Reducing debt – the first step to financial freedom
- Avoiding debt – yes it is possible
- The way forward – Brainstorm session
Discussion – based learning and use of Case Studies.
For more information, write to Jacinta on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +254 (0) 703 034 156 or Stephen on email@example.com or call +254 (0) 703 034 456.
Dates: 21st – 23rd November 2018
Cost: USD 600 / Kshs. 60,000