The course is a sixteen weeks course that takes place once a week. It is tailored to meet and solve some of the needs and challenges SMEs face.
The course is hands-on participant centered programme.
Through the use of locally developed business case studies, participants are engaged in discussions enabling them to develop problem solving and good decision making skills.
The course has two stages. Stage one takes eight weeks while stage two takes eight weeks as well.
- Developing a competitive strategy for business
- Developing a competitive business plan
- Understanding the use and value of financial records
- Cash flow management
- The Legal environment for small business
- Product design and development decisions
- Understanding taxation for small businesses
- Business ethics and social responsibilities
- Managing Business resources
- Business Pricing and costing strategies
- Financial Management
- Developing a winning marketing strategy for business
- Making business operations better, faster and cheaper
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Using technology for competitive advantage
- Emerging Business Opportunities
After each module participants are required to implement key learning and give feedback on their experiences.
The programme also entails business visits where we visit your business together with your classmates. In the business visit activities we help you solve some of the problems your business is facing.
Founders and owners of SMEs with:
- an annual turnover of Kshs. 10 million
- 3+ employees
- over 3 years in business
- Ksh 180,000 per participant (This cost covers SEDC branded bag, writing materials, breakfast and lunch)
For more information, write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. You can also call +254 (0) 701 011030 (cell) / +254 (0) 703 034 806.
Cohort I: Begins 17th April 2019
Cohort II: Begins 21st August 2019
Cost: Kshs. 180, 000